Sharing’s mission is to discover and nurture our common ground. We try to do that by providing pathways that span the divisions of race, geography, religion and class.
Inspired by the compassion of Jesus, we demonstrate our caring by:
- Promoting, organizing and supporting ecumenically based Good Friday Walks.
- Identifying and supporting people and organizations working in the rural south who are positively impacting the lives of African American children who suffer the effects of racism and poverty.
- Providing concrete opportunities for people of all beliefs to connect their faith with the reality of injustice in our world.
- Educating ourselves and others about the interconnectedness of institutional and personal racism, white privilege and poverty.
- Sharing stories of hope.
- Offering opportunities to experience the joy of knowing that each one of us can make a difference in someone else’s life.
There have been Good Friday Walks that support Sharing
in the following locations:
- Attleboro, MA
- Cheshire, CT
- East Bridgewater, MA
- Falls Church, VA
- Harvard, MA
- Hingham, MA
- Mystic, CT
- Portland, ME
- Portland, OR
- Rockland, MA
- Rockville, CT
- Westford, MA